Sunday, September 21, 2008

Chihuly At De Young

We wandered in dark rooms and found wonders,
DSC_0354
(Photo credit goes to Jahren)

DSC_0357
DSC_0372

Here's Jahren taking in the sights,
DSC_0384

And this, my favorite of them all.
DSC_0388

Mally loved this room the most,
DSC_0399
DSC_0408
(Photo credit goes to Malvana)

"Momcat, please take a picture of me in the blue light."
DSC_0403
"Sure honey."

It was hard to leave because I have come to realise one of my innermost desires. I would love to be there when no one else is. To sit in the corners or wherever I can without being prompted by the security to keep moving because the line has to keep rolling.

I would love to lay there and breathe in the sights and silence.

Most of all, I would love to be able to take any angles, up close, up above, with and the whole room... I would love this SO much that I am actually envious of the person who gets to do this. Ah, anyway, he will be in SF's De Young and Legion of Honor until September 28th then somewhere/someone else will be lucky to host his creations. To see more of his work, click on this link, Dale Chihuly, trust me you will be blown away even though you aren't there. (AND, you can see why I'm somewhat envious of the photographer's opportunity to do such shots)

Maybe, I can go back there before they move away. That would be so sweet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sent the package today, this only confirms to me that Mally will like what I got her. Wish I could be there when she opens it! Both her and Jah

funniah said...

we have vp :) so i can have them open it when we meet. dealio?

Anonymous said...

ooo yes!

Anonymous said...

just came across your blog site and stayed in here longer than i thought.

just wanted to tell you how beautiful person you are as well as your family, friends, photographs, thoughts, and words.

your blog site actually made me want to cry at some times.

do continue to inspire others, thank you.

the face behind the words